Serving in Mission (SIM) is a community of God's people who delight to worship Him and are passionate about the gospel, seeking to fulfil the mission of Jesus Christ in the world.
We are a gospel community that is:
- Committed to Biblical Truth — we are committed to biblical truth and joyfully affirm historic, evangelical Christianity. With courage, we declare to the nations the good news of new life in Jesus Christ.
- Dependent on God — By prayer and in faith we depend on God for the provision of all our needs. We will demonstrate diligence, integrity, sharing and accountability in cultivating and using the resources God provides.
- People of Prayer — Prayer is foundational in our life and ministry. By prayer we praise God, seek his direction, request resources and call upon the Holy Spirit to empower our ministries.
- Mission-Focused — we are committed to the urgent and unfinished task of making disciples of Jesus Christ in all nations. In doing this we desire to work in loving, trusting, inter-dependent relationships with churches and other partners who share our vision.
- Church-Centred — we are committed to being a mission that nurtures and equips churches to be the expression of Christ in their communities and to reach out with cross-cultural missionary vision and action.
- Concerned about Human Needs — we humbly acknowledge that the ultimate human need is to know God. We also believe he has called us to compassionate, holistic service in this broken world by alleviating suffering, fostering development and effecting change in society.
- A Christ-like Community — we desire to be a transforming community dedicated to becoming like Christ in love, servanthood, holiness and obedience to the father. We believe that following Christ's example means sacrifice, sometimes hardship and perhaps even death.
- A Learning, Growing Community — we believe in the worth and giftedness of each person in Serving in Mission (SIM) and of those we seek to serve. We practise the giving and receiving of discipleship, life-long learning, consultative leadership, mutual development and training as enduring disciplines.
- Strengthened through Diversity — we are intentionally interdenominational, international, and multi-ethnic. We believe this expresses the unity of the body of Christ in the world. We believe we will be more effective in ministry as we incorporate the richness of cultural diversity in SIM and celebrate our oneness in Christ.
- Responsive to Our Times — we will respond with creativity and courage to evolving needs and opportunities under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. To be effective and relevant, our ministries, priorities and structures are subject to ongoing evaluation and adaptation.