Welcome to India, a stunning land stretching from the snowy peaks of the Himalayas to Cape Comoran in the far south. Though some may associate India with the major religions of Hinduism or Islam, Christians have a long and rich history on the Indian subcontinent. Today, the Christian church in India is finding creative ways to meet the physical and spiritual needs of others.
We want to see communities of disciples in India who are:
- Passionate about worshipping God
- Being transformed by the Word of God
- Fulfilling Jesus' Gospel mandate
- Making an impact on all sections of society
We work with Indian partners in
- Leadership development for the Church
- Community health and other initiatives to reach vulnerable groups of people
- Youth and children’s work
- Witness to unreached people groups
Our focus is mainly in the North (along the densely populated River Ganges basin); however we do have some specific partnerships in the South.
- Growth of church and outreach-oriented movements in the North.
- Strong local partnerships and identification of new Indian partners.
- That all the current ministries will be increasingly effective.
- More people join us, including more teachers for MK schools.
- Wisdom for our leaders as they work with a growing multinational team and as they develop additional creative-access models for ministry.
- Our short-term programme: that more people would come, and become longer term co-workers through praying, giving or going.
- Encouragement and joy for us in an intense and stressful living & working environment.
- That our new leadership will become a strong and effective team.