Welcome to Ecuador, a small nation boasting the magnificent peaks of the Andean range which separates the muggy coastal plains of the west from the steamy Amazonian jungles on the east. Ecuador is 95 percent Catholic, though in practice this is often mingled with indigenous beliefs. We work in four cities through a variety of ministries.
Team's Vision and Strategy
We want to see
- our team growing to more than 30 members
- many groups of believers in the small towns of southern Ecuador
- young people being reached for Christ and discipled into Christ-focused churches
- partnerships with like-minded churches and organisations
- Ecuadorians going as missionaries to other places
The city and province of Loja have very few evangelicals. We started a cooperative community ministry of radio, evangelism, and holistic church planting. This united effort, called Operación Esperanza (Operation Hope), is already going well. We also teach English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), and have a student café, as well as medical outreach, health education, and discipleship.
In Quito and Guayaquil we work with Ecuadorian churches and organisations to enable Ecuadorians to participate in the fulfilment of the Great Commission.