The suffering and uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic spans the globe, and under-resourced areas are at risk of a catastrophic outbreak. But SIM is now raising funds to provide vital equipment and training to hospitals in Africa, Asia and South America.
SIM’s COVID-19 Health Ministry Immediate Response project will ensure immediate assistance gets to the frontlines. This may mean supplying funds directly, arranging the supply of life-saving equipment or helping train local workers how to triage and treat patients.
In a survey of SIM’s global medical ministries, the most pressing need is for personal protective equipment (PPE) for staff working with suspected COVID-19 patients.
The project will provide immediate, measured assistance to the global SIM medical-ministry network to aid in the treatment and care for those with severe cases of COVID-19. In each of the global medical ministries, this project will also support and assist the vital, existing healthcare services that are distressed in this time of a global pandemic.
WHAT ARE WE FUNDING?
- Vital existing healthcare services across 21 countries
- Acquisition of medical supplies and equipment for under-resourced facilities
- Ventilators / tents / soap / masks / gloves / gowns…
- Medical staff wages for overtime
- Training workshops for the staff, leaders and communities across these countries