A one-to-one internship alongside an experienced cross-cultural worker
Many of our teams are able to offer internship-style programmes which give exposure to different ministries, language and culture learning, and an opportunity to use your skills. Some of our teams have developed some focused mentoring programmes that offer an extra level of development.
You will learn from team members as well as from experienced trainers, as together we apply the Bible to areas of personal, practical, cultural and spiritual concern, equipping you not just for the placement ahead but for your continuing Christian development.
Possible areas of ministry include children’s work, youth work, administration, TESOL, sports coaching, student ministry, teaching, IT, accountancy, languages, personnel management, art, media, public health, social work, theology… and many more! Previous training or experience in a particular ministry is not always required.
- Engage Nigeria (flexible length, usually 1 year): Come, grow and transform, and continue with God. This programme encourages holistic growth and development through personal reflection, study modules, and interaction with others in life and ministry.
- Incredible Asia (flexible length 3-10 months): An Incredible Asia Internship gives you a taste of language and culture acquisition, a chance to engage with people, a glimpse of how God is at work, and an opportunity to serve in a partner ministry.
- Send Me – East Asia (2-year programme): a ministry internship aiming to foster a mature faith by integrating Christian life, work and witness in a cross-cultural context.
- Build Ecuador: A customised programme with a mix of language, cultural investigation, discipleship, evangelism and mentoring. This programme runs dependant on long-term personnel so may not be available each year.
- Vision Psalm 72:9 Desert Tribes Training Programme: An on-field training/orientation programme in Biblical and Cultural Engagement, being developed by partners in central Africa. Available in different locations, please ask if you’d like to know more.
There are other internship-style opportunities in other SIM teams that are less structured, and we can discuss these with you in the placement exploration stages.
Please get in touch to start exploring how God might want you to learn, serve and grow through this opportunity.